Fret not! Because this article will inform you about all the ways to move photos from PC to Android. As you will discover, you can send photos from PC to Android in numerous ways — email, USB cable, Bluetooth, or cloud storage services. Plus, you will find the best way to transfer photos from PC to Android, i.e., via MobileTrans.
Scroll down to find the answer for how to copy photos from PC to Android.
Part 1: Transfer Photos from PC to Android with MobileTrans
MobileTrans is the number #1 solution to all your phone transfer needs. Be it phone to phone transfer, backups, or restore — MobileTrans is the ultimate tool for all your requirements related to data transfers, quick backups, and restoration.
Transfer Photos from Computer to Android With a few Clicks!
- • Transfer photos, music, videos, and more from PC (Windows & Mac) to phone.
- • Backup 18+ types of data from Android and iPhone to PC (Windows & Mac).
- • Supports transfer 18+ types of data between 6000+ mobile devices.
- • Support transfer WhatsApp data between Android and iOS devices.
- • Support the latest Android 12 and iOS 15.
- • Easy-to-use with no learning cure.
Here's how to transfer photos from desktop to Android phone:
After you install the software, follow these simple steps to learn how to transfer photos from PC to Android phone:
Step 1. Open the MobileTrans application on your computer.
- Use a USB cable to connect the Android phone to the computer.
- Choose Phone Transfer after connecting the phone to the PC.
Step 2. Choose Import to Phone from the main interface of MobileTrans to transfer photos from PC to Android.
- Now, hit the Import button and select on ‘Add file’ or 'Add folder’ from the drop-down to add photos from your PC
Step 3. Now, tick the Select All checkbox at the top of the page and click Import again to finally transfer photos from computer to Android.
You will see a progress bar. Wait till the program transfers photos from PC to Android.
There you go! It is that simple to move photos from PC to Android via MobileTrans. Furthermore, do not forget that MobileTrans is not only a solution for how to move photos from PC to Android phone query.
Part 2: Transfer Photos from PC to Android Using USB Cable
MobileTrans is useful when you want to copy large chunks of photos. In case you want to transfer small bits of images, then a USB cable can help you out.
Of course, it is not as efficient as MobileTrans. Still, for one-time use — it does the job perfectly.
Follow these simple steps to find the answer to how do I transfer photos from Laptop to Android phone:
Step 1. Connect your Android phone to the Windows laptop.
- You will see a pop-up notification on your Android asking: what kind of connection to open.
- Choose Transfer Files (MTP).
Step 2. Browse all the photos and select the ones you want to transfer to the Android Phone.
- Right-click to open the drop-down menu.
- Choose Copy from the list of options.
Step 3. Open Windows File Explorer on the computer.
- Under the left navigation pane — choose your Android phone under the This PC storage devices.
- Double-click to view the internal folders on your Android phone.
- Right-click on an empty space to open the drop-down menu.
- Choose Create a new folder
- Open the folder.
- And choose Paste.
Wait for the transfer to complete. There you go! That answers your query about how to send photos from Laptop to Android phone.
Part 3: Transfer Photos from PC to Android via Cloud Storage
Google Drive lets you sync all photos, documents, and other multimedia files accessible on your computer and mobile devices to access from anywhere, anytime. All you have to do is sign in on both devices — the computer and mobile — via the same Gmail address.
Here’s how to transfer photos from a laptop to an Android phone:
Step 1. Upload the desired photos to Google drive.
- Download the Google Drive application on your computer. Or, visit the online Google Drive via a web browser.
- At the top left, choose New > File Upload or Folder Upload.
- Choose the Photos or the entire folder you want to upload from your computer.
Step 2. Download the Google Drive application on your Android device.
- Sign in to Google drive with the same Gmail address.
Step 3. Choose the files or folders you uploaded from the computer.
- And choose Save to device.
- Google Drive will ask your permission to access the storage device. Click Allow.
Part 4: Copy Photos from PC to Android with Bluetooth
Bluetooth is a painful way to transfer photos from PC to Android. But, hey, it works!
Yet, the Bluetooth method to move photos from the Laptop to the Android device is slow, involves complicated steps, and might not even work (sometimes).
That is why we recommend MobileTrans to copy from Windows to Android phones.
Nevertheless, here’s an answer to — how do I transfer photos from my computer to my Android phone:
Step 1. Right-click the bluetooth icon on the desktop. Or you can search for Bluetooth from the Search window.
- Choose the Add Bluetooth or other device
Step 2. Under the Add a device options, choose Bluetooth (the first option).
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your device (and allow it to be discoverable by other devices).
Step 3. Click on the Android device once Windows locates it.
Step 4. Once you click on the device, Windows will show you a code to pair both devices.
- You will see a code on your mobile device — if it matches the code — select Yes.
- Once you click Yes, the Windows and Android devices will pair, and you can share the photos.
Step 5. Navigate to the photos folder.
- Choose the photos you want to copy.
- Right-click to open the drop-down menu options.
- Choose Share from the drop-down menu options.
- A window will open showing the paired Android device.
- Choose the device.
Once you select the device, Windows will start copying the file to the Android device. You will see a notification on the Android device asking whether to Accept the file or Deny it.
- Choose to Accept to authorize the transfer.
As mentioned, the method to transfer photos from PC to Android phone via Bluetooth is complex and slow. Sometimes, it might not even work. So, it's better to choose for MobileTrans and transfer the photos via the software.
Part 5: Send Photos from PC to Android with Email
And then there’s email. The good old email. Sending the photos via email is just like sending photos from PC to Android via the cloud.
But for your convenience, we are giving the step-by-step instructions to send photos from PC to Android via email (particularly via Gmail):
Step 1. Open the Web Browser on your computer.
- Log in to Gmail.
- After signing up for the Gmail service, choose to Compose to write a new email.
- In the box, choose an address, add a subject, and choose the paperclip icon to attach images from your computer.
Step 2. As soon as you click on the Paperclip icon, you will see the Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder where the photos are stored.
- Choose the Photos.
- And click
Step 3. You will see a load bar in the box. Wait till the end of the process.
- And click
After sending the file via Gmail, simply open the Gmail folder on your Android device and download the attachment. In case you have entered someone else's address into the recipient's box. Go to Sent. And download the attachments from there.
Now, you have the answer to the question: How do I transfer photos from a computer to an Android phone.
Of course, the best way to transfer photos from laptop to Android is via MobileTrans. Not only is it quick, but also it is reasonable in many other ways.
The other options like using a USB cable, Cloud Storage, Bluetooth, and Email are not efficient. Especially, if you want to transfer large files or multiple photos.
Yes, a USB cable transfer rate is slow compared to MobileTrans. Moreover, Google Drive could take hours to upload and download the files. On the other hand, Bluetooth is good for people who want to test their patience. And email works similarly to cloud storage.