Youngsters start their digital lives pretty early, and it's turning out to be progressively hard to safeguard them from threats hiding on the web. Texting is one region where guardians should be careful, and Kik is possibly the most well-known app. Therefore, many parents would like to stop the chatting option on Kik or delete the Kik account permanently.
In the past, the application was particularly remarkable for its cross-platform chatting, high degree of protection, and capacity to chat secretly. Nowadays, various other applications (WhatsApp and Signal) do the same thing, so assuming you would like to leave Kik, it's not tricky to deactivate your ID (if you need to return to it eventually) or delete it completely.
Part 1: What's the difference between deactivation and deletion on Kik?
So what is the dissimilarity between deactivation and deletion? Whenever you deactivate Kik, you quit getting all correspondence from the application, no one will find your username, and you will not show up in contact records. Your Kik account doesn't get deleted and will reactivate assuming that you sign in the future.
Part 2: How to Delete Kik Account Permanently?
Assuming you are sure you are finished with Kik and will delete Kik permanently, Kik allows you to do that with only a couple of taps. At the point when you delete your Kik account, this occurs:
- You can never again get to your profile.
- You will quit getting Kik messages and notifications.
- Your Kik username will not be accessible to users, and your profile will be out of reach of the people you have messaged.
The Main Requirement: You need to remember (and approach) the email address that was initially used to make the Kik account. That is how to delete a Kik account:
- Step 1: Open the Kik account portal for deletion on a browser.
- Step 2: Put your username and your email to set up the Kik account.
- Step 3: Enter an explanation behind why you are leaving/deleting Kik.
- Step 4: Tick the box that identifies you are erasing your account forever and click Go!
- Step 5: Browse your email, and there you will get a deactivation email; click the link given to deactivate your record forever (i.e., delete).
- Step 6: Finish up the Kik account cancellation system to get rid of your Kik profile/account.
After reading the above steps, you know how to delete a Kik account permanently and can answer the "how to delete my Kik account" query.
Part 3: How to Deactivate a Kik Account Temporarily or Permanently?
You can deactivate or erase a Kik account for all time by going to their deactivation and erasing page. You can include your email address and all the essential information afterward. You can then deactivate or erase your profile whenever that is done.
You can temporarily deactivate your record or permanently deactivate/erase it on Kik. If you permanently deactivate/erase your profile, all your message history, photographs, videos, and the data will be erased everlastingly after certain days. However, assuming you deactivate your profile temporarily, you can get to your ID and go through your messages again. In this way, it is indeed the better choice. This section will show you how to deactivate your Kik account without email.
Deactivate Kik Temporarily Using a Browser
On Kik, there is no inbuilt framework to erase or deactivate your record in the application to date. In any case, you can utilize the internet browser to temporarily or permanently delete your Kik profile.
Since the Kik application doesn't have an inbuilt capacity to deactivate your profile, you need to gain admittance to the deactivation page from the internet browser. So here is a bit-by-bit methodology for deactivation:
- Step 1: Open any internet browser on your gadget.
- Step 2: You can go to the Kik help page and find the deactivation page to get immediate admittance to the page.
- Step 3: The "Deactivate Your Account" page will show up. Enter the email you used to make a Kik account in the "Enter your email…." box.
- Step 4: From that point onward, tap the GO! Button.
- Step 5: Presently you will see "Success!" Message in your internet browser screen.
- Step 6: Open the inbox of your email that you entered, and you will see a message from Kik to open it.
Note: If you have no message from Kik in the inbox, search Kik in the spam folder or search for it elsewhere.
- Step 7: You will see a link on your screen to deactivate your profile; Click on it.
- Step 8: At long last, adhere to the on-screen guidance to finish the deactivation process.
Once you follow the above steps, you will be able to answer "how to deactivate a Kik account" or how to delete a Kik account permanently.
What Happens If you temporarily disable your Kik account?
Deactivating your account for a short time implies that:
- You'll never again get Kik messages or messages from the developers.
- Your Kik username will not be accessible to people.
- Your name will be deleted from the contacts of individuals you've conversed with.
- You can reactivate it by logging it back in. Assuming you've failed to remember your passcode, you can generally reset it as long as you have the enrolled email in your account.
What Happens If you permanently disable your Kik account?
When you permanently delete your Kik account, it implies that:
- Your account is, at this point, not open.
- You will never again get Kik messages or messages from the developers.
- Your username will not be accessible anyplace on Kik.
- Kik will delete your profile from the contacts of individuals you have conversed with.
- When you deactivate your Kik account permanently, you will not have the option to log back in or access any data, like contacts and chat history. So, if you wonder what happens if you delete your Kik, this guide can be helpful for you.
Part 4: How can I deactivate my teen's account?
Deactivating a teen's account implies that their account will not be accessible inside Kik and will be erased from the Kik contacts of all their partners. Guardians need to know their teen's username and the email address they used to enlist for the profile.
Their username is accessible from their cell phone from the Kik application. Open the Kik app and go to its settings, where you can see the username. If you visit your teen's profile from your phone, it's not difficult to see their username.
One can also deactivate their kid's profile if they need them. They should present a deactivation request to Kik using email at email@example.com with Parent Inquiry in the title. The email should incorporate the teen's Kik username and age.
After erasing your Kik account, it isn't quickly deleted. Kik requires days to erase your record from the Kik server. Furthermore, after deactivating your profile temporarily, you can reactivate it at whatever point you need.
We tried to answer your inquiries about deactivating your Kik account in this article. We hope that this article has answered your queries and helped you in the Kik deactivation process.
Further Reading: How to Recover Lost Messages & Images on Kik?