Best 6 Ways to Transfer Contacts Android to Android
Written By Axel Nash | Jul 13,2020
If you use more than one android device, perhaps one for business and another for personal purposes, you may find that sometimes the contacts on these devices can overlap. In this case you may need to transfer contacts from one Android device to another. It may also be necessary to transfer contacts from one device to another if you are switching devices and you want to move with all your data intact.
Whatever the reason you want to move your contacts from Android to Android, it is important to note that there are several ways to do it. In this article we are going to be looking at some of the most effective solutions, beginning with the easiest and the most effective solution.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android with One Click
One of the best ways to transfer contacts from Android to Android is to use a third-party application known as MobileTrans - Phone Tranfer. Not only is this one of the best ways to transfer data from one phone to another, you can use it to transfer data selectively; this means that you will be able to choose the contacts you want to transfer which can come in handy if you need to move just some of your contacts and not all of them.
Transfer Contacts from Android to Android with One Click
- Easily transfer contacts, music, messages, notes, apps, photos, videos and more.
- No iTunes, iCloud needed. Easy to operate and fast transfer speed.
- Fully compatible with iOS 13 and Android 9.0
- Transfer data to new android phone without resetting.
To use MobileTrans to transfer contacts from Android to Android, follow these very simple steps:
- Download and install MobileTrans to your computer. Launch the program after successful installation and the select the “Phone Transfer” feature on the main window.
- Now, connect both Android devices to the computer using USB cables and make sure that MobileTrans is able to recognize both devices (You may have to enable USB debugging for the program to detect the devices).
- Once the devices are both connected and MobileTrans can detect them, you should see a list of all the data on the source device displayed between the two devices. Select “Contacts” and then click “Start” to begin the process of transferring the contacts from the source device to the destination device.
Here is it also important to make sure that you have the order of devices correctly. Make sure that the device you want to transfer contacts from is the “Source” device and the one you want to transfer contacts to is the “Destination”. If this order is not correct, click on “Flip” to change it.
Please note that if you want to completely replace the contacts on the destination device, check “clear data before copy” before beginning the transfer process.
Part 2. How to transfer contacts from Android to Android with a SIM card
If the SIM card you have on your device is removable, you can easily use it to transfer contacts to a new device by simply copying all the contacts to the SIM card, inserting it into the other device and transferring the stored contacts. Here’s a simple step by step guide to help you do that;
- Open the “Contacts” app on the source Android device and then tap on “Menu” (the three vertical dots at the top)
- Select “Manage Contacts” from the options that appear and then tap “Import/Export Contacts”
- Tap “Export Contacts” and then select to a SIM card
- When all the contacts on the device have been transferred to the SIM card, remove the SIM card and then insert it into the destination device
- Open the Contacts app on the destination device and go to Menu > Manage Contacts > Import/Export Contacts and then select “Import from SIM Card.”
- Keep the devices connected to the computer until all the contacts are transferred.
- You will be able to see the transferred contacts on the destination device in a few minutes.
Part 3. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android via a VCF file
If your SIM card is not removable or you have too many contacts on your Android device to justify transferring them one by one, you can easily move them from one Android device to another via a VCF file. This process is particularly useful since you can transfer all your contacts at once as an email attachment. Follow these simple steps to transfer contacts from Android to Android using a VCF file;
- Open the “Contacts” app on your Android phone and the tap on the three dots at the top (menu). Select “Manage Contacts” to continue.
- Now, tap on “Import/Export contacts” and choose “Export” the contacts as VCF file. This file will be stores in the device’s internal storage with the default filename “Contacts.vcf”
- When all the contacts have been transferred, find the “Contcats.vcf” file on your device and send it to your Gmail address as an attachment.
- Now log in to Gmail on the destination device and download the VCF attachment
- Open the Contacts App and go to “Menu > Manage Contacts
- Select “import/Export Contacts > Import VCF file and then select the VCF file that you just downloaded to email. Tap on “OK” to begin the process of transferring the contacts to the new device.
Please note that these buttons may be different on some Android models.
Part 4. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android with Google Account and Sync
You might also be able to transfer contacts from Android to Android by syncing the contacts from a Google backup. The following are simple steps to show you how to do that;
- If you haven’t already, the first thing you need to do is add a Google account to the source device. To do that, go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account and select Google. Sign in to your Google account to add the account.
- Now sync the contacts to this Google account. To do that, go to Settings > Accounts > Google and then enable “Sync Contacts”
- On the destination device, add the same Google account and then go to Settings > Account >Google and then select “Contacts” from the Google Backups list. Tap on “Sync Now” and the contacts will be transferred to the destination device.
Part 5. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android with SHAREit
If you don’t want to use Google sync to transfer contacts from one Android device to another, you may want to use an app like SHAREit. When installed on both devices, this app allows users to easily share contacts between the two devices. Here’s how to use it;
- Begin by installing the SHAREit app on both devices from the Google Play Store
- On the source device, open the contacts app and the select the apps you want to transfer to the destination device.
- When the contacts are selected, tap on the “Share” icon and then choose “SHAREit” as the method to share.
- Now open “SHAREit” on the destination device and ensure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. The SHAREit app on the source device will scan the target device. When the name of the destination device appears, tap on it to begin the transfer process.
Part 6. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android via Bluetooth
Of course you can also choose to transfer contacts from Android to Android using Bluetooth. This solution is simple as all you have to do is connect both devices via Bluetooth. Here’s how you can transfer your contacts from the one device to another using Bluetooth;
- On the Source device, open the contacts app and then tap on Menu (three dots) > Share icon. Please note that these steps may be different on different devices.
- Tap on “Import/Export” and then select “Share namecard via” before selecting the contacts you would like to transfer. If you want to transfer all of them, simply check “Select All”
- This will open the sharing options. Select “Bluetooth” and you will be prompted to enable “Bluetooth” if you haven’t already. Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- Allow Bluetooth to scan for nearby devices and select the destination device when it appears. When the devices are paired successfully, the transfer process should begin immediately.
The solutions above are the most effective ways to transfer contacts from Android to Android. Select a solution that is as easy to implement as it is effective and then follow the instructions laid out above to implement it. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll do our best to help.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS and Windows phone.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, canlenda, voice mail and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones including iPhone, Smasung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi and more.
- Work with Android 9.0 and iOS 13.