4 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Written By Axel Nash | Dec 11,2020
If you’re currently an iPhone user and have decided to switch to Android, then you probably would want to transfer your WhatsApp messages as well. Although both the operating systems do not provide any easy solution for transferring your data between iOS and Android, there are several other sources that you could take help from.
Here are some methods that you could easily implement to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
- 1. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android with one click
- 2. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Chat Backup
- 3. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Email Chat
- 4. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android via WazzapMigrator
1. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android with one click
Data transfer between different devices can be much easier than you think. MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer provides a one-stop solution to help you to transfer data across mobile devices, as well as computers. You can try it to move your WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android With 1 Click!
- • Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone/iPad/iPod to any Android devices and vice versa.
- • Transfer Viber, Kik, WeChat, and Line data from iOS to other iOS devices.
- • Backup WhatsApp and other social app data to the computer.
- • Transfer process is fast and safe, with no data loss.
Here is how you could use it:
- Download and install MobileTrans on your computer. Launch MobileTrans and choose "WhatsApp Transfer".
- Connect your devices to the computer. Select “Transfer WhatsApp messages” and let the program detect your devices.
- After that, the following window will appear:
- Click “Start” and then click “yes” to proceed. Keep the devices connected until the process completes.
If you still do not know how to transfer WhatsApp via MobileTrans, check our video tutorial below:
Apart from just accomplishing WhatsApp messages backup and restore, MobileTrans also helps you seamlessly transition your contacts, photos, and messages from one phone to another.
2. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Chat Backup
Your WhatsApp chats are automatically backed up and saved daily to your phone's memory. Depending on your settings, you can also periodically backup your WhatsApp chats to Google Drive.
- Open WhatsApp on iPhone and log into your account.
- Navigate to "Settings" > "Chats" > "Chat Backup".
- Select the "Back Up Now" button to start backing up current WhatsApp Data.
- Download and install WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Sign in to your WhatsApp account. WhatsApp will pop up asking you whether to restore data from backup for the first time.
- Choose on "Restore" if prompted to restore from WhatsApp iCloud and wait until it's done.
The easiest way to transfer data to a new phone is by using Google Drive. If you want to use a local backup, you'll need to transfer the files to the new phone using a computer, file explorer, or SD Card.
- It requires no additional software like the other methods.
- Although this is an easy method, it sometimes might take you a longer time than expected to restore data.
- WhatsApp backups no longer count towards the Google Drive storage quota.
- WhatsApp backups that haven't been updated in more than one year are automatically removed from Google Drive storage.
3. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Email Chat
Here are the details of how to transfer WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to Android phone with email chat:
- First of all, go to your device’s "Settings" in WhatsApp from your iPhone, tap on "Chat Settings", then hit "Email chat" from the list.
- Select the WhatsApp history that you would like to transfer. A window will pop up saying "Attaching Media will generate a larger email message". You just need to click " Without Media" or " Attach Media" based on what you need.
- Type in the email address and select "Send".
- Log in to your email account on your Android phone, you can view your old WhatsApp chats in an email from your new device. But you can't sync WhatsApp data with your WhatsApp application on Android device.
- It is a simple process and your chat will land in your inbox.
- One disadvantage of this method is that even though you have sent your WhatsApp data to your android device, you still cannot open it on WhatsApp in your new device; you can only view it.
- It can take some time to upload the chat. If it is very big, sometimes it does not work.
- You must download the chat from the email as the link expires after one month.
WhatsApp's email chat function is very helpful. By moving WhatsApp chats from iPhone or Android phone to email, it allows users to create a copy of the chats. Compared with WhatsApp's back-up function, email chat is more flexible.
Users can store just the chosen chats, moreover, they can share the chats with others if they print out their chat history.
4. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android via WazzapMigrator
WazzapMigrator is a data transfer wizard that allows users to transfer WhatsApp messages from an iPhone to an Android device in a convenient manner. It fully supports the Mac/Windows system and ensures a speedy transfer of data.
This is another software that is used to transfer WhatsApp files. It quickly transfers all types of files, including messages, photos, videos, and documents.
- Capable of transferring media files photos, videos, etc.
- Can migrate GPS information and documents to the Android phone
Here is the detailed guide on how WazzapMigrator is used to transfer WhatsApp contents of an iPhone to an Android device:
- First, launch iTunes from your iPhone and then connect your iPhone to your computer using a lightning cable.
- Select "Summary"> uncheck "Encrypt Local Backup"> then select the "Back up now" option on the right to kick-start the backup process for your iOS device.
- Visit the WazzapMigrator Lite website > locate the "iBackup Viewer" Program and download it on your computer.
- Run the software, select the iOS device > click on the "Raw Files" icon placed on the bottom right side of the menu. On the following screen, tap on "Free View" mode> surf the following file: "AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp.WhatsApp.shared"
- On the right-hand menu, choose the option "ChatStorage.sqlite" file > select the "Export" button. In the same menu of "ChatStorage.sqlite" > open "Message Folder" > select desired "Media" files. Hit the "Export" option and don't forget to save the same in the "ChatStorage.sqlite" file.
- Connect your Android device to the computer. Surf Android phone in "File Viewer/Explorer" and set up desktop Windows to view files exported to the computer. Drag media folder and ChatStorage.sqlite file to the "Download" folder of your Android phone.
- Now install the WazzapMigrator Lite application on your Android device. This will scan and detect ChatStorage.sqlite on the device. After the scanning process, select the "Play" button.
- Download Google Play Store and reinstall the WhatsApp application.
Complete the process by keying in the contact details used in iPhone too.
- It has an active technical team that resolves problems of users and is capable of transferring a variety of media files such as audio, photos, video, GPS, etc.
- The destination device must be an Android phone.
- Reportedly, users faced issues such as missing messages while transferring WhatsApp messages to the other device.
- Does not support update or backup from Google drive.
- Incurs issues in moving WhatsApp contents from iPhone to Android device.
While the application appears to have reviews for past versions, a quick look at the remarks on the website's homepage shows that there are many issues with the program, particularly about compatibility with the latest versions of the Android WhatsApp application.
However, the app appears to operate extensively at an acceptable rate for some devices and variants of WhatsApp.
Each of the four methods mentioned above, each with its pros and cons, is reliable for transferring WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. Your first step now is to simply choose the method that is best suited to your particular situation and needs, and give it a try.