If you’re currently an iPhone user and have decided to switch to Android, then you probably would want to know how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android. Although both operating systems do not provide an easy solution for transferring your data between iOS and Android, there are several other sources that you could take help from.
Here are some methods that you could easily implement to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
1. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android with one click [Best Choice]
Data transfer between different devices can be much easier than you think. MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer provides a one-stop solution to help you transfer data between mobile devices and phone and computer. You can try it to move your WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android With a few Clicks!
- • Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone/iPad/iPod to any Android device and vice versa.
- • Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android without any experience.
- • Transfer WhatsApp Business between iOS and Android devices.
- • Transfer process is fast and safe, with no data loss.
Here is how you could use MobileTrans to migrate WhatsApp from iPhone to Android:
1. Download and install MobileTrans on your computer. Launch MobileTrans and select the "WhatsApp Transfer" module.
2. Connect your devices to the computer. Select “WhatsApp Transfer” and let the program detect your devices. After that, the following window will appear:
3. Click “Start” to proceed. Keep the devices connected until the process completes.
That's it! Quite easy, right? You can also check our video tutorial below to find out more details.
Apart from just accomplishing WhatsApp messages backup and restore, MobileTrans also helps you seamlessly transition your contacts, photos, and messages from one phone to another.
2. Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android with an Android APP– Wutsapper
Wondershare Wutsapper is another good choice if you don’t want to use a laptop or computer to transfer WhatsApp data. You can easily access Wutsapper on Google Play and the operation process is also very convenient and direct.
Here are 4 steps to transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android with Wutsapper.
Step 1. Connect your Android phone and iPhone with a USB OTG adapter. Open Wutsapper and then you need to authorize it to access the iOS device.
Step 2. Click the button - "Start to copy", and the APP will transfer the WhatsApp backup package on your iPhone to your Android phone.
Step 3. Wait for several minutes-Wutsapper will convert the iPhone backup package to Android backup format.
Step 4. Restore WhatsApp backup on your Android with the guide of the tutorial.
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android easily without Laptop
- The operation process is very simple and there are clear guidelines available.
- Use OTG connection instead of WIFI to ensure that messages can be transmitted safely, quickly, and completely.
- You need to buy a USB OTG if you do not have one.
Check our video tutorial below:
3. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Chat Backup
If you can back up your WhatsApp chat history to Google Drive on your iPhone, then WhatsApp backup iPhone to Android would be so much easier. But sadly, this gonna happen as you can only backup WhatsApp chats to iCloud instead.
But there is still possible to restore your iPhone WhatsApp backups to Android. You can utilize MobileTrans to finish the job for you.
- Launch MobileTrans on your computer and connect your iPhone to it.
- Go to App Backup & Restore from Backup & Restore, and choose to backup your WhatsApp data.
- Click on the Start button to begin backup WhatsApp to Computer.
- When the backup process is finished, tap on view it to view the backups.
- Later on, you can connect your Android device to the computer and restore the WhatsApp backups to Android.
- You can access your WhatsApp messages from new Android devices.
- backup first, so you do not need to worry about data loss.
- There is no direct way to transfer WhatsApp backups from iCloud to Google Drive.
- It is more difficult than transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android straightly.
If you are switching from Android to Android, The easiest way to move WhatsApp to a new phone is by using Google Drive. If you want to use a local backup, you'll need to transfer the files to the new phone using a computer, file explorer, or SD Card.
4. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Email Chat
Here are the details of how to transfer WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to Android phone with email chat:
1. First of all, go to your device’s "Settings" in WhatsApp from your iPhone, tap on "Chat Settings", then hit "Email chat" from the list.
2. Select the WhatsApp history that you would like to transfer. A window will pop up saying "Attaching Media will generate a larger email message". You just need to click " Without Media" or " Attach Media" based on what you need.
3. Type in the email address and select "Send".
4. Log in to your email account on your Android phone, you can view your old WhatsApp chats in an email from your new device. But you can't sync WhatsApp data with your WhatsApp application on an Android device.
- It is a simple process and your chat will land in your inbox.
- One disadvantage of this method is that even though you have sent your WhatsApp data to your android device, you still cannot open it on WhatsApp on your new device; you can only view it.
- It can take some time to upload the chat. If it is very big, sometimes it does not work.
- You must download the chat from the email as the link expires after one month.
WhatsApp's email chat function is very helpful. By moving WhatsApp chats from iPhone or Android phone to email, it allows users to create a copy of the chats. Compared with WhatsApp's backup function, email chat is more flexible.
Users can store just the chosen chats, moreover, they can share the chats with others if they print out their chat history.
5. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android via WazzapMigrator
WazzapMigrator is a data transfer wizard that allows users to transfer WhatsApp messages from an iPhone to an Android device in a convenient manner. It fully supports the Mac/Windows system and ensures a speedy transfer of data.
This is another software that is used to transfer WhatsApp files. It quickly transfers all types of files, including messages, photos, videos, and documents.
- Capable of transferring media files photos, videos, etc.
- Can migrate GPS information and documents to the Android phone
Here is the detailed guide on how WazzapMigrator is used to transfer WhatsApp contents of an iPhone to an Android device:
1. First, launch iTunes from your iPhone and then connect your iPhone to your computer using a lightning cable.
2. Select "Summary"> uncheck "Encrypt Local Backup"> then select the "Back up now" option on the right to kick-start the backup process for your iOS device.
3. Visit the WazzapMigrator Lite website > locate the "iBackup Viewer" Program and download it on your computer.
4. Run the software, select the iOS device > click on the "Raw Files" icon placed on the bottom right side of the menu. On the following screen, tap on "Free View" mode> surf the following file: "AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp.WhatsApp.shared"
5. On the right-hand menu, choose the option "ChatStorage.sqlite" file > select the "Export" button. In the same menu of "ChatStorage.sqlite" > open "Message Folder" > select desired "Media" files. Hit the "Export" option and don't forget to save the same in the "ChatStorage.sqlite" file.
6. Connect your Android device to the computer. Surf Android phone in "File Viewer/Explorer" and set up desktop Windows to view files exported to the computer. Drag media folder and ChatStorage.sqlite file to the "Download" folder of your Android phone.
7. Now install the WazzapMigrator Lite application on your Android device. This will scan and detect ChatStorage.sqlite on the device. After the scanning process, select the "Play" button.
8. Download Google Play Store and reinstall the WhatsApp application.
Complete the process by keying in the contact details used in iPhone too.
- It has an active technical team that resolves the problems of users and is capable of transferring a variety of media files such as audio, photos, video, GPS, etc.
- The destination device must be an Android phone.
- Reportedly, users faced issues such as missing messages while transferring WhatsApp messages to another device.
- Does not support update or backup from Google drive.
- Incurs issues in moving WhatsApp contents from iPhone to Android device.
While the application appears to have reviews for past versions, a quick look at the remarks on the website's homepage shows that there are many issues with the program, particularly about compatibility with the latest versions of the Android WhatsApp application.
However, the app appears to operate extensively at an acceptable rate for some devices and variants of WhatsApp.
6. Move WhatsApp from iPhone to Android 12 Devices Directly
Previously, it is nearly impossible to transfer WhatsApp data from iOS to Android. But now with the new updates of Android 12, we are happy to tell you that you can transfer your WhatsApp to Android even without using any apps or software. Only Google Pixel phones running on Android 12 are supported right now. But Google says other phone brands would be supported in the near future.
Let's find out how to migrate WhatsApp data:
- Connect your iPhone and Android with a Type-C to Lightning cable.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone, and a QR code would pop up.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Move Chats to Android on your iPhone and then scan the QR code.
- Tap on the Start button to transfer your WhatsApp chat history and media to your new Android 12 device.
- does not need any third-party apps or software.
- It is only available on Android 12.
Each of the four methods mentioned above, each with its pros and cons, is reliable for transferring WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. Your first step now is to simply choose the method that is best suited to your particular situation and needs, and give it a try.