Part 1: What Are Starred Messages and How Important Are They?
With hundreds of contacts and innumerable messages on WhatsApp, going back to a few important ones is not only hassled and time-consuming but an arduous task. Considering the issue, WhatsApp has a feature called starred messaged where you can save and bookmark important messages from an individual or a group chat.
These messages have a star and they can be referred back without scrolling through the entire chat. The starred messages feature not only bookmarking text messages but can also be used for marking photos, videos, and documents.
With so much crucial data being shared over WhatsApp, the possibility of missing out on the important ones is quite high and especially when you need to refer them back. Here the importance and role of starred messages come in.
Part 2: How and Where to View All Your WhatsApp Starred Messages?
The process of marking any particular message as a star is simple on your Android, iPhone, and PC with just a slight difference owing to the difference in interface. So now when the messages are starred you must be wondering where do they go and how to check them? Don’t worry, in the following part, we will guide you with the steps to check and view all the starred messages.
Step-by-step guide for checking starred messages on iOS devices:
On your iOS devices, you can either check all the starred messages for each contact separately or can check all the starred messages from different contacts and groups in one place.
Checking starred messages on iOS devices for specific contacts:
- Step 1. Launch WhatsApp on your iOS device and click on the contact for which you wish to check the starred messages.
- Step 2. Next, click on the name of the contact at the top left corner.
- Step 3. A Contact Info page will now open where you need to tap on Starred Messages option that will show all the previously marked messages of the contact.
Checking all starred messages at once on iOS
- Step 1. Open the WhatsApp application on your iOS device and then click on the settings icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Step 2. A Settings page will open where click on the Starred Messages option.
A new Starred Messages page will open showing all the marked messages along with the name of their contacts or group conversation.
Step-by-step guide for checking starred messages on Android devices:
On your Android devices, you can check all the marked and starred messages from one place.
- Step 1. Open WhatsApp on your Android device and click on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner.
- Step 2. A pop-up list of options will appear from where you need to tap on Starred messages. All the marked messages with their contact details and when they were marked will be shown.
Part 3: Backup and View Your WhatsApp Starred Messages at Once with MobileTrans
Have you ever wondered what might happen if your smartphone gets stolen or your WhatsApp data is erased due to a bug, software crash, or any other issue? All your data will be lost including starred messages. Though WhatsApp has a chat backup option and you can even import WhatsApp backup, the storage capacity is limited and the backup will be of no use if the device is stolen.
Thus, to avoid such a situation and keep your important starred messages safe, the best way is to take a backup of your messages on your system. To ensure smooth and quick backup of WhatsApp on your system, using the right software is very important and here we recommend MobileTrans as the best choice.
Backup WhatsApp chats from phone to phone or computers with clicks!
- • Backup and restore WhatsApp chat history, starred messages, photos, videos, and attachments from phone to computer.
- • Supports both WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business data management.
- • The feature also supports WhatsApp Business, Viber, WeChat, LINE, and Kik.
- • Option to export messages from a system to PDF and HTML files.
- • Move WhatsApp chat history from Android to iPhone,iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iOS to iOS.
- • Backup with a single click, easy to operate.
- Available for all latest versions of Windows and Mac.
Backup your starred messages via MobileTrans:
With the MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer feature, you can quickly and effortlessly backup WhatsApp chats including starred messages, and other attachments, like videos, photos, and others to the computer.
Steps on how to back up your starred messages using MobileTrans
Step 1. Launch Wondershare MobileTrans and choose Backup&Restore
Download, install and run the Wondershare MobileTrans software on your system. On the main interface, you will see three options at the top: Phone to Phone, File Transfer, Backup&Restore. Click on the Backup & Restore tab. Choose the App Backup & Restore option and a list of apps will open from which click on WhatsApp.
Step 2. Connect your phone to your PC
Next, connect your Android or iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. After the device is connected, the software will load photos, videos, audio, and others.
Step 3. Start backup of WhatsApp data, including WhatsApp starred messages.
MobileTrans provides lots of data types for you to choose from, including group SMS, starred messages, photos, files, etc. Next, click on the Start button.
If you are taking the backup from an iPhone, the process will start automatically. For Android devices, the tool will ask you for further details on the backup.
Follow the mentioned steps at the pop-up window to save the WhatsApp data on the local storage. You need to log in to your WhatsApp on the Android phone and from the device’s internal storage, you need to restore the data.
Step 4. Backup completed
Ensure that your phone is connected throughout the backup process. The software will show the progress of the process and when completed, you will see the window as below with 100% backup completed including starred messages.
Once the backup is done and saved to your system, you can view the same.
So, backup your starred messages on WhatsApp using MobileTrans and prevent them from accidental loss. This hassle-free software also supports an array of other useful features like data transfer, restore, and others.