Move to iOS can transfer calendar, photos, messages, videos, contacts, etc., in a few simple steps. But if you’re here reading this article, you probably face issues with the app. Either the Move to iOS not connecting or Move to iOS could not communicate with the device. For example, you find that "move to ios" does not work with oneplus 6.
An important thing to remember, your iPhone should not already be set up. If you’ve already set up your iPhone, then you’ll have to perform a manual transfer of all the data files from Android to iPhone. Then, do a factory data reset on the iPhone to get the option of transferring data from Android.
Fix 1: Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on
The Wi-Fi connectivity can cause a problem as the Move to iOS app relies on the private network connection to transfer data resulting in the “Move to iOS cannot connect” problem.
When you select the option of migrating your data from Android, the iPhone creates a private Wi-Fi network. So, make sure that you disconnect your Android device to any Wi-Fi connection and forget all current Wi-Fi networks. This will make the Android ready to connect with any new Wi-Fi network. The iPhone will search for nearby Android device running the Move to iOS app and generate a security code. Once you enter the security code on Android it will begin transferring the content you have selected on to the new iPhone.
Also, if there is an application that you think might interrupt with Wi-Fi network connection, like VPS apps, etc. uninstall them all before proceeding with the Move to iOS.
Fix 2: Check if your cellular data is turned off
This method only uses a private Wi-Fi network connection so turn off the cellular data so it may not interrupt the app's functioning.
Please switch off the Smart Network Switch option on Android as it may hinder the proper connection with iPhone. To turn it off follow the steps.
- Open the Settings and then go to “Connections.”
- In Connections go to “More Networks” and then “Mobile Networks.”
- Disable the “Connections Optimizer” option here.
- Now head to Wi-Fi settings and disable “Smart Network Switch” if you find the option in your mobile.
- Reconnect the Wi-Fi and try the Move to iOS again.
Fix 3: Turn on Airplane mode
Switch on airplane mode on Android and iPhone devices so the device’s network connectivity may not cause unforeseen problems. It will prevent your smartphone from turning on a mobile or any other network connection available in the vicinity. Of course, after the data transfer completes, you can always disable the Airplane mode.
- On iPhone, swipe up to open the Control Center and press the Airplane or flight mode icon to turn it on.
- On Android, swipe down the notification tray to view all the shortcuts. In there, you’ll find the Airplane mode option to enable.
- Now turn on the Wi-Fi while the Airplane is still turned on so both devices can communicate and transfer content on a private Wi-Fi network.
Fix 4: Check the compatibility of your devices
Much like any other app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, the mobile device should have some minimum requirements to be compatible with the app’s current version. The Move to iOS app supports mobile phones and tablets running Android 4.0 and above, while the app can transfer data to iOS 9 or higher devices. Both the devices need to be plugged into power to maintain a consistent power supply during the transfer. To confirm the operating system version on both Android and iPhone, do the following,
- On the iPhone, head to the Settings, General, and finally, go to the About menu. Here you’ll find the installed software version.
- While on your Android device, go to Settings and then to the About menu item usually found at the bottom of the settings.
Now, if both the device’s software versions are compatible with the Move to iOS app, you’re good to go.
Fix 5: Restart your device
It may seem a little too obvious while troubleshooting any mobile issue. Move to iOS stuck on connecting to the iPhone might be resolved by restarting both the devices. A simple reboot can remove any cached error or bug in the mobile devices and give way to a successful data transfer from Android to iPhone.
- On Android, press and hold the Power button. Once the power menu appears, tap the “Restart” button, and the device will automatically restart.
- While on iPhone, hold down the Power button on the power menu “slide to power off,” and then manually start the device again.
Fix 6: Use Move to iOS alternative: MobileTrans – Phone Transfer
The Move to iOS is a relatively simple app facilitating the transfer from an old Android user to a new beginning with iOS devices. But dare I say, if you’re still unable to transfer your data using the Move to iOS app, then we are back to square one. But, as the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens, and you don’t need to worry as I’ll be presenting a perfectly designed and professional product that will undoubtedly do the job.
MobileTrans - Phone Transfer
Transfer data from Android to iPhone With a few Clicks!
- • Supports 6000+ smartphone models on iOS, Android, and Windows.
- • Support transferring from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android and iPhone to iPhone.
- • Supports 18+ data types like photos, videos, contacts, call logs, messages, documents, and more.
- • Extremely easy and it does not need any technical experience to use.
- • Support WhatsApp data transfer, phone-to-computer data transfer and phone backup & restore.
To overcome your Move to iOS not working issue and successfully transfer data from Android to iPhone, follow the steps:
- Download and install the MobileTrans – Phone Transfer tool on your Mac or Windows PC, and go to Phone Transfer > Phone to Phone.
- Connect both Android and iPhone to your computer system via a USB cable. The tool automatically detects the connected devices and presents them to you in the window.
- Select the type of files you need to transfer from Android to iPhone, and then click on the Start button to begin the process.
- Just wait until the process is completed, and you can view your data on the new iPhone 13.
With these 6 methods, anyone should be able to resolve the issues surrounding the Move to iOS app. The app is an easy method to transfer data from Android to iPhone, but if it’s not working for you, I highly recommend the other option I presented in the piece. The MobileTrans – Phone Transfer is an outstanding and perfectly designed toolset providing a straightforward and user-friendly interface to shift from Android to iPhone with all your accumulated data in just a few clicks.