Transferring files from iPhone to PC wirelessly is easier than you expect. Certain third-party applications can facilitate the wireless file transfer. Most people prefer wireless transfer because it doesn’t require cables or portable storage devices.
You can use many apps with a good Wi-Fi connection. Else, you can use the very standard Bluetooth or iCloud. iCloud is great as a cloud storage platform, making it easy to wirelessly transfer files from iPhone to PC. We’ve also provided a bonus method at the end that can transfer files via a USB cable.
Part 1: Transfer Files via Wi-Fi Using Apps
Transferring Files from iPhone to PC via Wi-Fi can be done using third-party applications downloaded from the App Store. Various apps like Air Transfer, SHAREit, AirCopy are mainly used for this purpose, along with some other apps like Documents, iTunes, etc.
Let’s check out some apps and see how we can use them to transfer files via Wi-Fi.
Air Transfer is a quick and easy-to-use application to transfer files from iPhone to PC via Wi-Fi. It is a third-party app and needs to be downloaded from the App Store before use. Air Transfer can transfer photos, video, audio, documents, bookmarks, and more from your iPhone to PC, and it even has its own media player, document viewer, and web browser.
Air Transfer has a very straightforward process of file transfer, which is given below:
- Download Air Transfer from the App Store.
- Connect your iPhone and the PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Air Transfer application on your iPhone and tap on the “+” icon to import files to the app for transfer.
- Select the files for transfer and import them to the app.
- Now, press the Wi-Fi icon on the app’s home screen and enter the URL shown in a web browser on the PC.
- You’ll be able to preview and download all the previously imported files on your PC.
AirCopy is an excellent way to wirelessly transfer files from iPhone to Windows PC. With high-speed transfer and zero cable use, it saves a lot of time and effort. The only thing required is to download the AirCopy application on your PC, and you’re good to go. AirCopy can be used to transfer files like photos and videos from your iPhone to PC without installing any app on your iPhone.
To be able to transfer files from iPhone to PC over Wi-Fi quickly and easily, follow the instructions:
- Install AirCopy software on your PC.
- When you open it, you will see two options- ‘Phone to PC’ and ‘PC to Phone.’ Select the one you want.
- The screen will show a QR code; scan this with your iPhone.
- It will take you to a webpage on your iPhone, here you can select and transfer files from iPhone to PC over Wi-Fi
Isn’t AirCopy an efficient way to transfer files from iPhone to PC Wi-Fi?
The Documents app is good for transferring files from iPhone to PC wirelessly, and it is an excellent alternative to the other apps for Wi-Fi file transfer from iPhone to PC. The app needs to be installed on your iPhone, and it can transfer photos, videos, documents, and more using Wi-Fi.
To transfer files from iPhone to PC using Documents, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Install Documents on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app and select ‘Services.’
- Select ‘Connect to Computer’
- Go to https://docstransfer.com/ on a browser on your PC
- You will get a four-digit code on your iPhone, enter this on your computer to connect the devices
- Now you can instantly transfer files from iPhone to PC wirelessly by uploading them to the app
- Click ‘Disconnect’ on the app after the transfer
When you want to transfer files from iPhone to PC Wi-Fi, the Documents app is the way to go!
Familiar with iTunes? You’d be pleased to know that iPhone to PC wireless file transfer is
possible with the help of iTunes. It is the official app of Apple to transfer files from iPhone to PC via Wi-Fi or USB cable. We’ll be checking out how to transfer files via Wi-Fi using iTunes. It is a bit complicated to use, but it works great and can even transfer data from inside of some apps on the iPhone.
To use iTunes for wireless file transfer from iPhone to PC, the steps are given below:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app on your PC
- Connect the devices by setting up “Wi-Fi syncing.”
- Click the iPhone button in the iTunes app on your PC
- You will see a list of apps that are on your iPhone. Select the app from which you want to transfer files from iPhone to PC wirelessly
- Select ‘Save to’ on your PC when you find the file’s location and save the file.
- You can transfer a file from your PC to your iPhone by clicking ‘Add’ and adding the file.
iPhone to PC wireless file transfer seems so simple now, doesn’t it?
Part 2: Transfer Files from iPhone to PC via Bluetooth
Using Bluetooth is an efficient way to wirelessly transfer files from iPhone to PC. Most people are already familiar with Bluetooth. Here is a quick step-wise guide to transfer files wirelessly from iPhone to PC via Bluetooth:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in both devices
- Make sure the ‘Discoverable’ or ‘Visible to other Bluetooth devices’ option is turned on
- Pair the two devices
- Go to Bluetooth file transfer and select ‘Send files’
- Choose the name of the PC you want to share the files with
- Select ‘Browse’ to find the files you want to share
- Click on the ‘Next’ or ‘Send’ button to transfer files wirelessly from iPhone to PC
Bluetooth is a fast way for wireless file transfer from iPhone to PC because of its familiarity even with previous Android users.
Part 3: Transfer Files from iPhone to PC via iCloud
iCloud is great as a cloud storage service, but did you know that you can also use it for wireless file transfer iPhone to PC? Looking to use iCloud to transfer files from iPhone to PC wirelessly? Here is a detailed guide:
- Open iCloud drive on your iPhone
- Find and select the files that you want to transfer. If the file is in an app that supports iCloud file sharing, open it and click ‘Share.’
- Now, open the iCloud website on your PC (or download the iCloud application for Desktop).
- Log in with your Apple ID on the website (or app).
- If you are using the website, you will be able to see and download the files on your PC from iCloud.
- If you have iCloud downloaded on your PC, go to This PC à iCloud Drive folder on windows 10, and click on the Download icon to transfer the files to your PC.
Do you want to transfer files from iPhone to PC to other people wirelessly?
You can send invitations to all the people you want to share the files with. If you don’t want to keep sending invitations every time you want to transfer files from iPhone to PC to someone new wirelessly, select ‘Anyone with the link’ in ‘Who can access?’. All you have to do is copy and send a link to wirelessly transfer files from iPhone to PC. Quickly sharing files with other people is necessary for many of us, and iCloud makes it easy.
Part 4: Transfer Files from iPhone to PC via MobileTrans
MobileTrans from Wondershare is a fast and secure solution for transferring files from iPhone to PC via USB. It can be downloaded from the official website of Wondershare on your PC. It does not require any app to be downloaded on your iPhone and can be used by just plugging the phone into the computer.
MobileTrans can be used to transfer files with just one click, and it keeps the files secured while transferring and maintains the user’s privacy.
It is a one-stop solution for transferring files and messages from Phone to PC, PC to Phone, or Phone to Phone. It can also be used to backup phone data and restore when required. It can even transfer chats of social media applications from your phone to PC.
It is compatible with iOS and Android on Phones and Windows and Mac on Desktops. It supports transfer more than 18 types of data between phone with privacy protection.
Check our video tutorial below:
Now, let’s check the steps to transfer files from iPhone to PC using MobileTrans:
- Download and Install MobileTrans software on your PC. Launch it and select the “File Transfer” option from the home screen. Plugin your iPhone into the PC via USB cable and wait for it to get detected automatically by the application.
- Now, click on the “Export to Computer” option from the screen. You will be shown the list of files that can be transferred from your iPhone to PC, like photos, videos, app data, messages, and more. Select the files you want to transfer to your computer.
- After selecting the files, click on “Export” to start the transfer process. Wait for a few minutes until the transfer is over. DO NOT unplug the phone or close the application while the process is going on; otherwise, your files might get corrupted.
When the transfer is complete, you can unplug your iPhone and access your files on your PC.
We hope you found an efficient way that suits your needs to transfer files from iPhone to Windows PC wirelessly!
Our recommendation is to use Wondershare MobileTrans because it provides the best tools for data transfer compared to other applications. It is an all-in-one app to transfer multimedia files, documents, as well as social media messages, and take phone backup. Also, as we’ve stated earlier, USB transfer is much faster and secure than Wi-Fi transfer.
So, don’t worry about your sensitive data getting leaked while transferring them to your computer. Try Wondershare MobileTrans today!