BackupTrans Review: Best Android to iPhone WhatsApp Transfer Tool?
Written By Axel Nash | Nov 25,2020
If you are also planning to move your WhatsApp data from an Android to iPhone, then you might be having a similar question. Since BackupTrans is not a freely available tool, users often like to do their bit of research in advance. Don’t worry – we are here with this extensive BackupTrans review to let you know about the pros and cons of the product. Apart from that, we have also listed a stepwise working of the tool and its best alternative as well. Let’s begin our BackupTrans review and know if the tool is worth your money or not.
Part 1: BackupTrans Review: Features, Pros, and Cons
BackupTrans is a professional kit of several utility tools and its Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer Tool is what we will talk about here. As the name suggests, the application can transfer your WhatsApp data from an Android to an iPhone. The interface will let you preview your conversations as well. Apart from transferring your data in a batch, you can also move one conversation at a time. To proceed with this BackupTrans review, let’s get to know about the main features of the application:
- • The tool can directly transfer WhatsApp data from an Android to iPhone in one go.
- • You can also preview the conversations on your WhatsApp and simply select the chats that you wish to move.
- • With it, you can also backup WhatsApp data from your Android to a computer and later restore it to the same or any other device.
- • You can also export WhatsApp chats in formats like PDF, DOC, TXT, etc. to later print them.
- • Alternatively, you can also extract the attached media like photos and videos from your Android and save them separately.
- • There is a provision to transfer chats individually and get their preview beforehand.
- • Users can also export just chats (without attachments) in popular text formats like DOC or TXT.
- • The overall interface is a bit cluttered and you might find it hard to navigate.
- • A lot of times, users face compatibility issues and the transferred data does not show on their iPhone.
- • The application has not been updated in a while and users have expressed security concerns with it.
- • No free trial version available – users need to buy it upfront
- • Supports all the latest devices running till Android 10.0 and iOS 14 (including the new iPhone 12/12 Pro)
- • The application runs on Windows 2003, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 as well as macOS 10.7 – 10.15
- • The basic plan costs $29.95 and supports 3 devices at max while the business edition is available at $149.95 (unlimited devices for 1 year).
Part 2: How to Use BackupTrans to Move WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
After reading our in-depth BackupTrans review, you can make up your mind if you wish to use the tool or not. If you do, then you can just take the following steps to transfer your WhatsApp data from an Android to iPhone.
- To start with, simply connect your existing Android device and launch BackupTrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone tool.
- As soon as the device is detected, you will be asked to take a backup of your WhatsApp data. Simply agree to the prompt or choose to manually maintain its backup from the toolbar.
- Wait for a while as the application would complete the backup. You can now see the WhatsApp conversations of your Android on the interface and even save them separately.
- Now, connect your iPhone to the system and make sure you trust the computer once it detects the device. When the interface will detect your phone, it will list its icon on the sidebar.
- Afterward, just click on the Android to iPhone transfer icon on the toolbar to directly move all the saved WhatsApp messages to the connected device. You can also select your Android device on the sidebar, right-click, and choose the “Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone” option.
- Apart from that, you can individually move certain chats as well. Expand your Android device’s icon on the sidebar to view various contacts (and chats). Just select and right-click any contact and choose the “Transfer Messages with this Contact to iPhone” option from here.
Part 3: The Best Alternative to BackupTrans: MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer
As you can see after reading the BackupTrans review that it has got a few pitfalls and we can’t say it’s the best tool to transfer WhatsApp from one phone to another. To overcome these issues, most of the experts recommend using a more advanced and dedicated tool like MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. It is a part of the MobileTrans that provides professional solutions to transfer, backup, and restore our WhatsApp data. It is a smart and user-friendly DIY that is equipped with tons of WhatsApp data management solutions.
- • Directly transfer your WhatsApp data from one phone to another (including Android to iPhone transfer).
- • Include your WhatsApp chats, attachments, contact details, and other WhatsApp details.
- • Backup your WhatsApp data to your PC with the application and later restore the backup to your preferred device.
- • There is no need to root or jailbreak your phones.
Since the DIY tool features a user-friendly intuitive interface, no prior technical knowledge is needed to operate it. All you got to do is follow these steps to directly transfer WhatsApp data from an Android to iPhone.
- Firstly, connect your Android and the iOS device to your computer using working cables and launch the MobileTrans on it. From the welcome screen of the application, go to the “WhatsApp Transfer” feature.
- Wait for a while as the application would detect your devices and under the WhatsApp section on the application, go to the “Transfer WhatsApp Messages” section.
- Once both the devices are detected, their snapshots will be provided, and they would be marked as either source or destination. If you want to change their position, then just click on the Flip button.
- Now, just click on the “Start” button to directly move the WhatsApp data from your Android to iPhone. Please note that the process will erase any existing WhatsApp data on your target device.
- Sit back and wait for a few minutes as the application will take the needed steps to transfer your data. You can view the progress from the on-screen indicator and make sure that both the phones stay connected to the system till the end.
- When the restoring process is completed, you will be notified by MobileTrans. You can now safely remove both the devices and launch WhatsApp on your iPhone. The application will detect the presence of an existing WhatsApp backup and would let you restore your data in no time.
Check our video tutorial below:
Part 4: A Quick Comparison
In this guide, I have listed an extensive BackupTrans review and its best alternatives as well. If you are not sure which tool to pick, then simply go through this quick comparison between BackupTrans and MobileTrans applications.
|Metrics||BackupTrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone||MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer|
|Overall features||Can backup/restore WhatsApp data and transfer it from Android to iPhone||It can directly transfer WhatsApp from Android/iPhone to Android/iPhone. Also lets us backup and restore our data|
|Ease of use||A bit complicated||Extremely simple and user-friendly|
|Runs on||Windows and macOS||Windows and macOS|
|Pricing||$29.95 (supports 3 devices)||$29.95 (supports 5 devices)|
|Others Apps||Supports LINE, Kik, WeChat, and Viber backup and restore||Also supports LINE, Kik, WeChat, and Viber backup and restore|
This brings us to the end of this informative and honest BackupTrans review. I’m sure after getting to know about the features, pitfalls, and advantages of the tool, you would be able to make up your mind. If you are still unsure and found the features of BackupTrans limited, then consider trying its best alternative, MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. It can help you transfer your WhatsApp data from one device to another, irrespective of its platform. Also, you can take a backup of your WhatsApp data to your computer and later restore it as well. The tool is 100% secure, easy to use, and is widely recommended by experts and users alike.