Transfer phone data without a PC
Transfer WhatsApp from phone to phone, backup WhatsApp and more social apps to computer and restore.
Transfer messages, photos, videos and more from phone to phone, phone to computer and vice versa.
Backup up to 18+ types of data and WhatsApp data to computer. And Restore backups easily.
Transfer music playlists from one streaming service to another.
Transfer WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business data without factory reset.
Transfer phone data, WhatsApp data, and files between devices.
Top WhatsApp hacks to turn you into a messaging master.
A list of cool tips that you should know when switching to new iPhone.
We've rounded up our top tricks to getting the most out of your new Android.
How Amazing You Would Be for Using iCloud to transfer Phone data?
Tips & Tricks to Get More Out of LINE, Kik, Viber and WeChat.
Discover a new thing that makes us love iPad/iPod even more.
Explore your Samsung device and never miss out on anything useful.
Turn your iTunes to a powerful media manager with a few simple tips.
Check the Complete Guide To Transfer Data to Samsung S23!
Best Phone Guide for Your Family 2023
The One-stop Solution to Transfer Data to New iPhone 14!
Join MobileTrans Contests & Giveaways here! Win free MobileTrans license, phones and gift cards!
Written By Nicola Massimo |
This is a recent query posted by a concerned Android user on an interactive forum. Truth to be told – numerous other users also wish to know how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to Android as well.
The good news is that we can easily move our WhatsApp chats from one device to another without any data loss. To do this, you can try either of its inbuilt options or any other third-party solution.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Android via MobileTrans [Best Choice]
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Android via Local Backup
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Android Wirelessly
Method 4: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Android via Google Drive Backup
Method 5: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Android via Changing Number Feature
If you wish to overcome that and perform a direct device-to-device WhatsApp transfer, then take the assistance of MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. Developed by Wondershare, it lets us directly transfer WhatsApp chats and attachments between Android and Android, iPhone and iPhone, and even iPhone and Android.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android with 1 Click!
To learn how to transfer WhatsApp to a new Android phone with a single click, follow these steps:
1. Install the application and launch the MobileTrans on your computer. From its home, launch the option to "WhatsApp Transfer".
2. Using working cables, connect your new and old Android devices to the system and let MobileTrans detect them. It will provide a snapshot of both the devices and would mark them as either source or destination.
3. In case the source and target devices are listed incorrectly, click on the flip button to change their places. Now, click on the “Start Transfer” button to directly move your WhatsApp data.
4. Simply wait for a few minutes as MobileTrans would move the WhatsApp chats and attachments from your old to new Android device. Try not to close the application or disconnect the devices in between.
5. After a while, the transfer would be completed and you will be notified. Disconnect the device and launch WhatsApp on it. The application will automatically detect the local backup and would let you restore it.
6. Check our video tutorial below:
This is one of the easiest ways to learn how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to Android. Ideally, WhatsApp automatically takes a backup of its chats on the local storage every day. Therefore, you can just copy the local backup file and move it to your new Android device. While setting up your WhatsApp account, you can just restore the existing backup. Though, this method will only work if you are using the same phone number on both devices.
1. To start with, go to WhatsApp on your previous device and visit its Settings by tapping on the hamburger (three dots) icon on the top.
2. Go to its Chats > Chat Backup feature and tap on the “Backup” button to take an immediate backup of your data. Once the backup has been taken, log out of your account or remove WhatsApp from the device.
3. Now, browse the local storage (or the SD card) of your device and locate the recent backup under the “WhatsApp” folder. Copy this file and move it to the local storage’s WhatsApp > Databases folder of your new Android device.
4. Install WhatsApp on your target Android and perform its initial setup while entering the same phone number. If you are already using WhatsApp on it, then you need to reinstall it.
5. The application will automatically detect the local WhatsApp backup stored on the device and will inform you. Just tap on the “Restore” button to get back your chats on the new device.
If you want to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to Android wirelessly. You can try to use MobileTrans App. It can transfer up to 8 types of phone data between devices without a PC, including WhatsApp data, contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, documents, apps, and more. You can share files from one device with any other. effortlessly and wirelessly
Step 1: Download MobileTrans App on your phone/Confirm which phone is old or new.
Step 2: Select the data you need to transfer.
Step 3: Choose from the options to pair your phones.
Step 4: Wait for the process to be completed.
Just like the local storage, you can also maintain a copy of your WhatsApp backup on Google Drive as well. WhatsApp also lets us enable the automatic backup feature and select its frequency as daily, weekly, or monthly. In this way, you can always have a second copy of your WhatsApp data and won’t suffer from any unforeseen loss. To learn how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to Android via Google Drive backup, follow these steps:
A lot of people also get a new number while switching from one device to another. Thankfully, there is a smart feature on WhatsApp that lets us change the registered number on the app. In this way, you can easily transfer your WhatsApp data to the new device while changing your number. Though, make sure that both the numbers should be active to make this switch in advance. Also, you need to first change the number on your old phone and later use the same SIM on the new device. To learn how to restore WhatsApp messages on new Android by changing its number, follow these steps:
That’s a wrap, everyone! I’m sure that this guide on how to transfer WhatsApp to a new Android phone would have certainly helped you. From the above comparison, you can clearly see that MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer provides an ideal solution to transfer WhatsApp from one device to another seamlessly. It is also compatible with numerous other apps and would let you switch to your new phone with no data loss. Go ahead and give it a try and feel free to share this guide with others to teach them how to restore WhatsApp messages on the new Android as well.