Transfer Data from Pixel to Pixel: Desktop and Mobile Solutions
Written By Axel Nash |
Pixel has to be one of the most popular series of smartphones by Google that provides a true Android experience to us. Though, there are times when a lot of users move from one Pixel phone to another. In this case, you can learn how to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel so that you can switch your smartphones without any trouble. Lucky for you, I have come up with two smart ways to do Pixel to Pixel data transfer that anyone can implement after reading this guide.
Method 1: Transfer Data from Pixel to Pixel with MobileTrans – Phone Transfer
If you use the right tools, then you don’t have to spend a lot of time to transfer from Pixel to Pixel all kinds of data. For instance, one of the most trusted solutions to do Pixel to Pixel transfer is MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. The desktop application is extremely easy to use and will let you move to your new Pixel device without losing anything in between.
- • MobileTrans – Phone Transfer supports the transfer of 17 different data types, including your photos, videos, contacts, call logs, music, bookmarks, and so much more.
- • Apart from Pixel to Pixel transfer, the application can also transfer data between other Android and iOS devices (also supports the cross-platform transfer of data).
- • The process to transfer from Pixel to Pixel all kinds of data is extremely secure as your data won’t be stored anywhere in between.
- • You can also select the type of data that you wish to transfer from Pixel to Pixel beforehand.
- • It is super easy to use MobileTrans – Phone Transfer and its processing speed is also extremely fast.
If you wish to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel 2/3/4 with the help of MobileTrans – Phone Transfer, then you can follow these instructions:
Step 1: Launch MobileTrans – Phone Transfer
At first, you can just launch the MobileTrans application on your Mac or Windows PC. From all the listed options on its home, you can pick the “Phone Transfer” module.
Step 2: Connect your Pixel phones
Now, you can connect your old and new Pixel phones to the system using compatible USB cables. In no time, MobileTrans would detect them and list them as either source or destination phones. You can use the flip button to ensure that your old Pixel phone is the source and the new one is the destination device.
Step 3: Transfer data from Pixel to Pixel
You can see a list of various supported data types in the middle that you can transfer from Pixel to Pixel. From here, just select what you wish to move from your old Pixel to the new Pixel device and click on the “Start” button. There is also an additional option to erase the target phone’s storage before transferring the file that you can select.
That’s it! Now you can just wait for a while as MobileTrans would transfer from Pixel to Pixel your selected data types. Try not to close the application or remove your phones during the Pixel to Pixel data transfer process. When it’s done, you will be notified and can safely remove both the phones.
By following these steps, you can ideally move your data between any two smartphones, irrespective of their platforms (iOS or Android).
Method 2: Transfer Data from Pixel to Pixel with the Data Transfer Tool App
You might already know that Google has also come up with a dedicated Android app to transfer data from an existing iOS/Android device to a Pixel phone. Please note that the Data Transfer app is pre-installed on Pixel phones and will only work if the target device is a Pixel smartphone.
- • For this, you need to have the access to your old phone and its connecting cable.
- • Since the Data Transfer Tool app can only do a wired connection, you need to use a USB adapter to connect your phones directly.
- • It can be used to transfer from Pixel to Pixel most data types such as your photos, videos, contacts, call logs, messages, Google account, etc.
- • Some data types such as your ringtones, PDF files, downloaded documents, and other emails might not be synced.
You can follow these steps to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel phones using the Data Transfer Tool by Google.
Step 1: Connect both the phones
On your target Pixel phone, launch the Data Transfer Tool app and choose to transfer data from an existing phone. Now, tap on the “Next” button and use compatible USB cables (and the adapter) to connect both the devices.
Step 2: Transfer data from Pixel to Pixel
As you would connect both the devices, you will get a prompt on your source phone. Grant the application to access data from your Pixel phone and wait as the list of supported data types is displayed. In the end, you can just select what you wish to transfer and tap on the “Copy” button.
Simply wait for a while as the application would transfer from Pixel to Pixel your selected data types and will inform you once the process is completed.
|MobileTrans – Phone Transfer||Data Transfer Tool|
|Runs on||Desktop application||Pixel phones|
|Supported phones||8000+ smartphones supported||Only selected Pixel devices|
|Data Types supported||It can transfer 17 different data types||Can only transfer selected data types|
|Ease of use||User-friendly||A bit complicated|
|Transfer speed||Extremely fast||Moderate|
Now when you know how to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel in two different ways, you can easily move to your new Pixel phone without losing anything. If you want to try a mobile app, then you can use the Data Transfer Tool by Google. Since it is not that user friendly, a lot of people consider using MobileTrans – Phone Transfer instead. The application runs extremely fast and is pretty easy to use, letting you move your data between any two smartphones in a jiffy.