However, some people would want to keep WhatsApp limited to messaging only, sometimes because of privacy and sometimes because random calls are annoying. So, if you are interested in finding out how to turn off incoming calls but not data and why my WhatsApp call is not working, keep reading.
Part 1: How to Disable Whatsapp Calls on Android
WhatsApp does not have a built-in feature for turning off voice calls, so we have to start with this limitation. Our other options are using an old version of WhatsApp that does not allow VoIP calling, using a third-party app, and, if you are looking for a temporary solution, you can use silent voice calls in WhatsApp. Let us discuss all these options and see what works for you the best.
1.Use an Older Version of WhatsApp
Since WhatsApp VoIP calling is a new feature, you can resort to an older version when voice calls in WhatsApp are unavailable. This option can work till the company supports the older version. It is essential to back up all your data and communication records before removing the current version to avoid the data being lost. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Step 1: Launch the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- Step 2: Move on to the Settings; menu.
- Step 3: As we discussed earlier, backup is a must. Navigate to Chat Settings, select Chat Backup, and press the BACK UP button.
- Step 4: Download the older WhatsApp version, i.e., 2.12.4 or older, and install.
- Step 5: Go to Restore to restore all of WhatsApp's conversations, media, and videos.
2. Using Third-Party Apps
Since WhatsApp does not allow blocking voice calls, some third-party companies have rolled out their solutions in the market to cater to this feature.
It is a modified version of WhatsApp that has the feature of disabling voice and video calls. There are many other features, including concealing blue ticks, adjusting layouts and fonts, and removing sent messages.
Again, you must back up all your WhatsApp chats and data before switching to GBWhatsApp and then follow this step by step to find out how to turn off incoming calls but not data.
- Step 1: Download and install GBWhatsApp.
- Step 2: Use the built-in feature to restore your conversations and other data from the backup you created earlier.
- Step 3: Open the menu by clicking the three dots button on the upper right corner of the screen and go to the Settings; section.
- Step 4: In the Other MODS. option, you can see the Disable voice calls. option.
- Step 5: This is how you block incoming voice calls on WhatsApp.
#2. Disable Whatsapp Calls
Disable WhatsApp calls is another third-party application that you can use to block incoming voice calls on WhatsApp. It is a very basic application with limited features. So let's see how it works.
- Step 1: Download and install Disable WhatsApp Calls application,
- Step 2: Go to the Service tab and set it to Disable Whatsapp calls.
- Step 3: You may want to keep the notifications on.
- Step 4: If you want to be able to make voice calls to WhatsApp but not receive them, then go down to the outgoing calls tab and tick the box there.
- Step 5: There is another option to forward your WhatsApp calls to other numbers, and you can configure it there.
#3. Mute Voice calls
If you want a temporary solution to avoid voice calls on WhatsApp during a meeting or for a few days, then muting the voice calls is a simpler option. WhatsApp's built-in features support it.
- Step 1: Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Go to the Settings tab in the menu.
- Step 3: Go to the notifications menu and select none.
- Step 4: You may want to turn on vibration only.
Part 2: How to Disable Whatsapp Calls on iPhone
There is no built-in feature to block Voice Calls in WhatsApp on iPhone. So, when you ask how to turn off incoming calls but not data, the answer is you need to use some workarounds. Let us discuss some of these solutions.
1. Silent Phone
If your WhatsApp calls are disturbing you, you can turn off the phone's ringing. You can put the iPhone in silent mode by turning off the ringer switch on the left side.
2. Turn On Do not disturb mode.
Turning on the do not disturb mode is another option, and it silences all the voice calls, alerts, and notifications. This mode is a more advanced version of the silent mode. Go to the control center and click the crescent moon icon to turn it on. You can block incoming WhatsApp calls in this mode by going to the Settings > Do Not Disturb tab.
3. Block the caller
If you are annoyed by the WhatsApp calls of a particular person or a few people, then instead of blocking all calls on WhatsApp, you can choose to block those people. For this, open the chat, and click the contact name in the To field. The next window will show an option of Block contact.
Part 3: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to Make A WhatsApp Group Call
WhatsApp group calling allows you to make calls to around 32 participants in a group. For more details, tips, and tricks about the group, call on WhatsApp in the next article.
2. How Do I Check Deleted Call Records on WhatsApp?
With the growing trend of using WhatsApp messaging applications for personal and professional communication, the value of backup and the importance of recovery methods for WhatsApp is also increasing. For more details, you can move to How do I Check Deleted Call Records on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp has introduced voice calling in its new version. This new feature is received by the customers very warmly. However, voice calls on WhatsApp can become frustrating for some people, especially in meetings and office settings. Since the calls are free of cost, the call frequency is far more than the paid calls. How to turn off incoming calls but not data? You can use third-party apps, do not disturb feature or silent mode on your smartphone. Though WhatsApp does not have any built-in feature to cater to this issue.