How to Read WhatsApp Messages in Secret Without the Sender Knowing
Written By Axel Nash |
But what if you accidentally opened the message and did not want to reply then and there? This instance may create misunderstanding in the sender's mind. It is where reading someone's chat in privacy gets handy.
Following are some foolproof tips and tricks to help you read messages in WhatsApp without the sender knowing.
- Method 1: Disable last seen option
- Method 2: Read directly from the notification panel
- Method 3: Track someone's chat messages secretly
- Method 4: Read from android WhatsApp widget
- Method 5: Read messages with airplane mode turned on
- Method 6: Read messages via iphone 3d touch
Method 1: Disable last seen option
It is the official way to read WhatsApp messages while staying offline on Android and iPhone. When you disable the Last Seen and WhatsApp Read Receipts options, the sender will never know if you read any message.
Here is how to disable Last Seen and Read Receipt option:
- Step 1: Launch the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Step 2: On iPhone, see the lower right bar to find the Settings option. For Android, tap on three dots to open Settings.
- Step 3: Head to Account, the Privacy, and uncheck Read Receipt. Just do not forget to choose Nobody in the Last Seen setting.
With this option disabled, you will also be unable to see others' Last Seen statuses.
Method 2: Read directly from the notification panel
You can also read messages in WhatsApp from the notification panel and reply directly without troubling to open the app on both Android and iPhone.
But there is a limitation in this option. You can not see lengthy messages or view pictures, videos, documents, etc. The notification panel only shows a chunk of the text message.
Here is how you can read and reply directly:
- Step 1: Open the WhatsApp app.
- Step 2: Open Settings.
- Step 3: Scroll to see the Notification setting and enable Show Notification and Show Preview.
- Step 4: Exit the app.
- Step 5: Whenever someone sends you a message, it will appear on the notification panel to read and reply.
Method 3: Track someone's chat messages secretly
This trick is 100% invisible. KidsGuard is an app developed for Android and iPhone users that benefits from tracking someone's WhatsApp chat without letting others know about it. Let it be your partner or kid.
Besides tracking received, sent, or deleted messages, it also offers the facility to have live screenshots of the chat going on. Not only chats, but you can also track videos, images, documents from this app.
- Step 1: Register your account by entering your email and acquiring the license to enable the feature.
- Step 2: Download the KidsGuard app on the desired device via www.installapk.net and configure the settings.
Also, save your phone data to computer by using a great tool that insures your information is saved and you can access and recover it anytime you like.
Method 4: Read from android WhatsApp widget
Another option to read WhatsApp messages secretly is to use an Android widget. Since it does not require opening the official WhatsApp, WhatsApp blue tick will not appear in the application. Add this widget to your home screen and see and read messages secretly.
But you can not view photos, videos, or documents here. You still need to open the official WhatsApp app. Another downside of this feature is you can not view all chats messages in the widget. The widget option only selects individual conversations to display on the home screen.
Here is how to read chats via a widget on an Android phone:
- Step 1: Press and hold anywhere on the home screen of Android mobile.
- Step 2: Find the widget option and tap on it.
- Step 3: Now search for the WhatsApp chat widget. Press and long-hold it to bring it to the home screen.
Method 5: Read messages with airplane mode turned on
There is a misconception among Android and iPhone users that you can read WhatsApp messages secretly by turning on airplane mode. But the bitter truth is that it merely delays the Read Receipt. Once you send the message via this trick and disable your airplane mode, it will send the Read Receipt to the receiver.
The only benefit of this trick is that it buys time to think about what reply is suitable for this message.
If you want to avail this trick, here is how to do it:
- Step 1: Once you receive the message, swipe down the notification panel and turn on airplane mode.
- Step 2: Now read the chat and turn back on the Airplane mode.
- Step 3: Once you turn it on, WhatsApp sends the Read Receipt message to the receiver.
Method 6: Read messages via iphone 3d touch
If you are an iPhone user, you can read WhatsApp messages secretly with the 3D Touch feature. It allows previewing the shorter chats. But the 3D Touch function is available on iPhone 6s or later versions.
It is how you can do it:
- Step 1: Launch WhatsApp but do not enter any chat.
- Step 2: Click and long-press chat you want to read.
- Step 3: A window will open to peek within the conversation without opening the message.
- Step 4: Just remember to click outside of the small window. Otherwise, you will enter the chat inbox and trigger Read Receipt.
Again, you can not preview long messages by using this option. You will have to open WhatsApp to view them.
Reading WhatsApp messages in secrecy provides privacy to work without disturbance. Also, it buys you some time to think about what reply to give.
If you are busy working or sleeping after a tiring day, you may get annoyed by multiple notifications. It is a disappointing situation. So, in this case, enabling this option will offer some space away from people.