Are you feeling frustrated that your photos won’t import from iPhone?
When you are trying to import photos from iPhone to PC so that you can take a new phone or clear some space, it is frustrating to keep trying to move photos. However, there are many methods that help you fix not all photos importing from iPhone to PC error. Read more to check out these methods, follow the below step-by-step guide.
Part 1: Why Photos Won’t Import From iPhone?
Before we directly jump to the conclusion, let’s explore some reasons why you cannot transfer photos from iPhone to PC:
Reason 1: Connection Problem
There’s a problem with your connection. Your PC can’t recognize your device, which means photos not importing from iPhone to PC.
This can be because of many reasons:
- USB cable is broken.
- The USB port is not working.
- The Windows PC can’t update the phone’s drivers.
Reason 2: "iCloud Photo Library" Enabled
If in your iPhone, you have enabled Optimize iPhone Storage, then you may not be able to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. This usually means that you are only storing a smaller preview of your images on the iPhone. The images are actually stored on the iCloud. For this reason, when you are trying to transfer data, photos won’t import from iPhone to PC.
Under iCloud, go to Photos and disable this option.
Reason 3: Import Too Many Photos Once
When you are trying to import too many images at one time, the transfer may take time. More photos you are moving, more time you need to give to this process.
Further, sometimes, your method of data transfer also creates this issue. If you are moving too many photos to the computer using Bluetooth, you are choosing a slow, difficult method.
Reason 4: Update Problems
The last reason why you cannot transfer photos from iPhone to PC is because of the updates. Your system updates remove security loopholes and eliminate issues from your systems related to different functions. For example, improving the performance of your Bluetooth.
When these updates are not completed, your PC may not function properly. Similar is the case with your iPhone. So, you need to check if both your devices are updated or not. If not, complete updates and try again.
Part 2: How To Fix "Photos Won’t Import From iPhone To PC"
In this section, we will resolve photos won’t import from the iPhone issue. Here are some methods that you should check:
Solution 1: Restart iPhone And PC
The first most obvious one is to restart your devices. There are many reasons for this:
- Many times, your updates are pending. So, restarting your iPhone or PC helps complete the update, and that resolves the issue.
- It is also possible that some updates were stuck during the last restart. In this case, you may need to restart your PC again or iPhone again.
- One of the issues occurs when other app stop working and hinder the process. If you restart your PC, you can remove these apps from the task center. You can achieve it without restarting too, but it is not possible if your PC is too slow or hanging.
Solution 2: Reset iPhone Location And Privacy
If your iPhone’s location is not matching Mac’s location, it may not be able to detect your device.
- Visit Settings of your iPhone.
- Go to General and visit Reset
- Reset your Location and Privacy
- Now, connect your iPhone to a PC and Trust the device.
Solution 3: Turn Off iCloud Photos Library
To remove the issue of the iCloud Library that we discussed in the previous section, you need to turn off your iCloud Library. Check out the steps for the same.
- Open Settings.
- Go to iCloud.
- Open Photos.
- Turn off the iCloud Library.
Solution 4: Not Import Too Many Photos At One Time
When you are importing photos to a PC using any method, import only a fraction of images. Don’t try importing 20,000 images at once. Create sections of reasonable sizes and then import photos to PC.
This will remove not all photos importing from iPhone to PC issue.
Solution 5: Check For updates
On your PC and iPhone, evaluate the updates.
- Go to Settings.
- Visit General and Software Updates.
This will take a while but you will see all the updates. If there are some updates, complete them and try photos import to PC again.
Part 3: Import Photos From iPhone To PC With MobileTrans [Easy & Fast]
The final method on our list is to eliminate cannot import photos from iPhone issue is MobileTrans. It is a tool designed to help you transfer phone data from one device to another.
Here are some features of MobileTrans that you should know:
- MobileTrans supports phone to phone transfer for any operating system. This means that you can transfer data from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
- It is even possible to transfer different types of data with this tool. This includes WhatsApp transfer from Android to iPhone or vice versa.
- When you want to store data on a PC and recover it later, MobileTrans helps you. Just Export to Computer.
- The backup and restore module of MobileTrans helps you back up the entire phone on PC and restore it to another phone without challenges.
Steps to follow when your photos won’t import from iPhone:
Step 1: Connect To Computer
Firstly, connect your PC to your iPhone using a USB cable. You need to Trust the device for this action.
After this, open MobileTrans and visit the File Transfer module. Under it, select Export to Computer.
Step 2: Select Data
Now, you need to select photos from the option to export photos from one device to another. You can even open relevant pictures and preview them to correctly move photos from one phone to another.
Step 3: Start Transfer
Finally, Start data transfer from iPhone to PC. This will take a few minutes. Wait patiently without hampering the connection.
When your photos won’t import from iPhone to PC, you can use one of these methods. MobileTrans is the best tool to move photos from iPhone to PC without facing problems. Check more about the solution on our website